Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Sympathy Card


My husband called one afternoon and asked if I could whip up a sympathy card for him.  A co-worker's mother had passed away and they needed a card 50-60 people could sign. So this is what I came up with.  I received the Have a Seat set for a Christmas gift and I thought the empty bench would be symbolic on this card.  This is a 5.5" x 8.5" card.  I mounted a slightly smaller card on a 5.5" x 8.5" card base to bring more of the Early Expresso together.  I love, love, love the Love Letter DSP.  I love that I can sponge it or brayer it to change the lighter areas to be any color that I wish.  It is great also to sponge the edges to give more of a vintage look, which is what I was going for on this card.  The Antique Brads are great.  My problem is I hate to use them because they will eventually be gone.....I will not hoard the antique brads,I will not hoard the antique brads,I will not hoard the antique brads! 


Card Details:
Stamps: Have  Seat, Sincere Salutations
Paper: Early Espresso, Crumb Cake, Cherry Cobbler, Naturals Ivory, Love Letter DSP
Ink: Early Espresso, Cherry Cobbler (Sponged)
Accessories: Big Shot, Decorative Label Punch, Scallop Trim Border Punch, Lots of Tags Sizzlet Die, Antique Brads,  Early Espresso Taffeta Ribbon, Piercing tool for paper piercing

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. I really love this card, very vintage!!!! I just have to cased it for my "consider it cased"
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping and taking time to leave a comment!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails