Thursday, January 27, 2011

Eagle Birthday Card





I took sometime yesterday to get a start on the sketch challenge.  My #2 son has a birthday next week and I need to get his card mailed off so it will get to him on time at college. I must of bounced back and forth for a few hours before I decided to stay with the sketch and how I was going to put it together.  I had it all stamped and laid out and then someone threw the mail on my desk and whoosh pieces were every where.  So when I got up this morning I decided to start gluing things together before I had to run the boys to instrument lessons. The eagle was stamped and then run through the Big Shot with the die.  I have had the clear rectangle die for a while and have never used it.  Boy, was it easy!  I could see the image so I knew the image would be centered. I stamped another eagle and then cut around him as close as I could get.  I layered it as perfect as I could on top on the on in the rectangle with Dimensionals cut to fit. I do not think there was an edge that I did not sponge, as usual.  I do need to play with the Letterpress plates more.  I read somewhere that different papers make a difference...just need to give them a try.  Off to get this in the mail before I run the boys to basketball practice.

Card Details:
Stamps: In Wilderness, En Francias Background
Paper: Chocolate Chip, Naturals Ivory, Garden Green
Ink: Chocolate Chip
Accessories: 2 Step Bird Punch (leaves), Big Shot, Scallop Rectangle Die, Backgrounds 1 Texturz Plate, Northern Trim Letterpress Plate, Mini Library Clips, Brass Eyelets, Dimensionals


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping and taking time to leave a comment!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails