Monday, July 19, 2010

Census Pages and Certificates MDS

(Click to enlarge in a new tab/window) With this genealogy book comes a  lot of charts and graphs.  I felt that they needed to be included but they are not as much fun to look at as a page of pictures.  I, myself, find family history very interesting and did not want these pages to be just overlooked.  On the first page of this post is the 1920 census where I found my Great Grandfather.  I highlighted his family names in my photo editing program before bringing it into MDS. The second page is a copy of my Great Grandmother's adoption papers.  These documents meant so much to my father as these are the people he was raised by after his mother died when he was 15.  He knew a lot of the stories but to see it in print brought it all together.  Did I mention that the original book that I did was for my Dad for Christmas a few years back?  His oldest sister helped me gather quite a few of the pictures and documents and a wonderful stranger on Splitcoast offered to help me with the genealogy search.  We went back to the year 1590 in Cambridge England and the ship they took to get to America.  I hope to share quite a bit of the book with you in the up coming weeks.


My Digital Studio Page Details:
Stamps:none
Paper: So Saffron Script DSP,
Ink: So Saffron(1920: Shadowed and the Copy and Direct pasted until I got the depth I wanted.)
Accessories: Chocolate Chip Brads, Designer Kit: Happy Birthday Flowers

Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. What a Cool project! I think that the census records make the history interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a treasure to have for your family! I love how you used MDS with it. Thanks for following my blog. I am doing the same. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Debbi,

    I started searching my geneology after spending time last year at the geneology library in SLC while there for convention. I am working on an album in MDS as well.

    Thanks for following my blog. am now following yours.

    karen
    www.papercreationsbykaren.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping and taking time to leave a comment!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails