Thursday, May 13, 2010

Anniversary


I am SOOOO far behind in my card making.  I had to stay up late last night and make a bunch to get caught up.  I tried to get pictures of them all before they went out in the mail so I hope to get the time to get them posted soon. This was a fun one to make! I hit the Sketch Challenge at SCS.  I usually hate doing 3-D layers and bulk because I never know how they will survive the mail, but I gave that up.  I have so many embellishments that never get used and it only cost me just a few cents more to mail.  This one (ok, I made 2) will go to my brother-in-law & sister-in-law and once of my close friends and her husband who both had anniversaries last weekend....today I NEED to get a name plaque and a wedding card done for a wedding on Saturday.

My Big shot sure got it's work out last night! Of course I had to use dies that would only cut on piece at a time, but it was worth it.  I did do a bit of sponging on this.  I sponged around the outside of the heart and the stamped vines.  The flowers I stamped in the Regal Rose and then rolled the edges in the Chocolate Chip.  The butterflies are adhered with mini glue dots with their wings folded up just a bit.  I do not know if you noticed but split the layer behind the vines so that it would show up on each background piece better. I covered the splits with the flower and the heart.

Sorry for the poor photo.  The sun has not shown it's face here for a few days and I was not able to get to my photo box this morning. I am re-arranging and it was too hard to get out right now.

Card Details:
Stamps: Vintage Vogue, Well Scripted
Paper: Rose Red, Regal Rose, Chocolate Chip, Very Vanilla
Ink: Regal Rose, Chocolate Chip
Accessories: Big Shot, Elegant Bouquet Embossing Folder, Naturally Serif Sizzlet, Beautiful Wings Embosslit, Scalloped heart of Hearts Embosslit, Corner Rounder Punch, Chocolate Chip Corduroy Button


Signature

1 comment:

  1. great card, I agree with embellishments and mailing- but it so makes the card

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping and taking time to leave a comment!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails