Friday, December 25, 2009

Merry Christmas 2009


Merry Christmas! I hope you are able to spend this day with loved ones. Today I want to share with you the card I sent out this year. I took the idea for the inside from the Catalog this year on page 31.  When I think of the word JOY I think of a song we used to sing in Sunday School as a child.  It was "Jesus, and others, and You what a wonderful way to spell JOY.  Jesus & others and you in the life of each girl and each boy. J is for Jesus for He has first place, O is for others we meet face to face. Y is for you in whatever you do.  Put yourself 3rd and spell. JOY."  So that is where I took the concept from the catalog.  I hope you have the JOY I sing about this Christmas in your life.
 

I had my family cranking away on the Big Shot this year.  My poor  Merry Deatils Sizzlits Die must have gone through over 1000 times.  It does look pretty rough but still works great. I know after making 100 of these, next years cards may end up being very very simple. ;)  I ran the 12" X 5.5" piece through the printer to get everything I wanted on the 4th panel first. Then I put my top border on and scored and folded.  I went through a few bottles of Tombow Multipurpose glue. ;)

Card Details Outside:
Stamps: Sanded Background, En Francias Background, Medallion Background

Paper: Certainly Celery, Always Artichoke, Whisper White
Ink: Ruby Red, Always Artichoke
Accessories: Big Shot, Movers & Shapers Die, Tag Corner Punch, 1/2" Circle Punch, Crop-a- Dile (for center hole in tag re-enforcer), Merry Details Sizzlits Die, Silver Elastic Cord, Word Window Punch, Modern Label Punch



Card Details Inside:
Stamps: Season Of Simple Grace
Paper: Certainly Celery, Always Artichoke, Whisper Whit, Ruby Red
Ink: Always Artichoke
Accessories: Big Shot, Scallop Edge Punch, Merry Details Sizzlits Die, 3/4" & 1" Circle Punch, Serif Essentials Alphabe Die, Perfect Details Texturz Plate, Backgrounds 1 Texturz Plate, Petals-a-Plenty Impressions Folder


Signature

5 comments:

  1. Debbi,
    What a gorgeous card! Thank you for sharing what it means. I will let that be my challenge this year.
    Bless you and have a Blessed New Year.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing the meaning of Joy. The meaning behind the word and your card is lovely. I will be sharing it with my family. Thank you.

    I hope you had a wonderful Christmas.

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good job!

    Happy blogoversary!

    Happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just beautiful, Debbi! And I love the sentiment behind it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You were not mistaken, truly

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping and taking time to leave a comment!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails