Friday, October 03, 2008

Triple Winded



So the day is not over yet. I vowed that I would not stamp until I got all of my chores done today. That was a hard one!!!! So I went ahead and combined three of this weeks challenges. The color combo I got from sitting in a doctor's office. It seems like between my DH (torn rotator cuff) and myself we are at the doctor at least twice a week. They are really getting some great colors and I have been writing them down!
Sketch Challenge

Ways to Use it Challenge The challenge was to use a quote. I very rarely use the words from the set so this was a good challenge for me.

Limited Supplies Challenge This challenge was to use no embellishments but paper. When I showed my sons and explained the challenges my 17 yr old said "But Mom, you used buttons..." and my 13 yr old said, "Those are paper buttons, but what about the strings?" I cut the card stock very very thin and made my own string. They were both surprised on how real they looked.

This was hard to get a good picture of. The So Saffron is the part that opens and the More Mustard is a single sheet layered behind it. So it just would not stand (or sit) straight...

This was a lot of fun to do. I love the challenges but do not always have the time to participate. Have a great weekend!!

Stamps: Winds of Grace, Twill Background
Paper: More Mustard, So Saffron, Pacific Point, Baja Breeze, Always Artichoke, Mellow Moss
Ink: Pacific Point, More Mustard, Always Artichoke
Accessories: Big Shot, Mat Pack and Piercing tool, Buttons Die


3 comments:

  1. Ha, I was wondering where you got the buttons until I read your notes. They definitely look real in the photo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card! Love the Die cut buttons!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what motivation, my chores are never done but always feels good to accomplish some stamping. great card, like the paper buttons.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping and taking time to leave a comment!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails