Friday, June 27, 2008

Thinking of You


So yesterday I got my workshop order in. I ordered a couple of sets that I have wanted. I thought this one would do some great simple cards. I saw a card that used the Define your Life set with it. I just had to have that set but do not use it as much as I thought I would. I think it will be great paired with Take Three. This was for the Limited Use Challenge today. The challenge was to use brads. The extra touch was that the brads had to be the only embellishment used and had to be used within the image. I thought they would go great as flower centers. The hardest part was to pick out what colors I wanted to use. Can you tell I am an Earth Tone kind-of-girl? I did the background dots with the piercing template from the mat pack and the Stylus. I got the idea from Diane. What a fabulous idea, and so easy! I stamped the image in the Groovy Guava and then went over what I wanted to change with the Really Rust marker. I also sponged around the edge of the background with Groovy Guava.

Stamps: Stitched, Take Three, Define Your Life
Paper: Chocolate Chip, Groovy Guava, Really Rust, Very Vanilla
Ink: Groovy Guava, Really Rust, Chocolate Chip
Accessories: More Mustard and Ruby Red Brads, Sylus and Mat Pack for dry Embossing

6 comments:

  1. Debbi, This is so gorgeous. I love the background dots idea you shared also. Will have to try this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool, Debbi! Using the template makes all the difference in lining up those dots.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Debbi, this is beautiful! This card has so much texture! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. great card Debbi! I love visiting your blog and don't often get a chance to comment.

    I've linked your blog on my webpage and have tagged you! Please see my site for details

    www.debdezignz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. very cool, I have define your life on wish list, probably will use it for SAB redemption.

    you have inspired me to take out my take 3 set now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful. I love the color combination and layout and use of Define Your Life (just got it so may have to CASE) and the dry embossing. OK, I guess that means I love the whole thing :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping and taking time to leave a comment!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails