Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Fall Colors


So today with the color challenge she threw four colors at us instead of the usual 3. The colors today were: Mellow Moss, Cameo Coral, Apricot Appeal, and Creamy Caramel. As I was scanning my stamps trying to figure out what I was going to use my eyes stopped at my poor Lovely as a Tree sitting at the bottom of a stack. If it was on the bottom it means it has not been used in a very ling time. I thought it would be perfect for this color challenge. I colored the stamp with the markers to get it to be various colors. I then used my Aqua pen and re-inkers to add a little more color to the tree trunk. I struggled with what to do along the bottom as it just needed something. I decided just to put the sentiment and use the scorer to accent it. I added more eyelets within the HB bracket. A few more layers than I usually do but I figured they were necessary to pull this together. The Tree panel is popped up on Dimensionals.

Stamps: Weathered Background, Lovely as a Tree, It's Your Birthday
Paper: Mellow Moss, Cameo Coral, Apricot Appeal, Creamy Caramel, Very Vanilla
Ink: Mellow Moss, Cameo Coral, Apricot Appeal, Creamy Caramel,
Accessories: Crop-a-Dile, Hemp Twine, Ticket Corner Punch, Scorer

2 comments:

  1. Debbi -- this is a lovely, yet masculine card. Super job. You did a stellar job with the tree, and the color challenge, of course!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea to score around the sentiment!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping and taking time to leave a comment!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails