Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Dazzle Time/Christmas Coundown

Stampin' Up! Demo perks: This is a set that will be coming out in the new Spring Summer Catalog released January 1st, 2008. It will be a level 3 hostess set. They sent it to all demos as a gift. I used the Color Challenge to create this card today. I have the butterfly stamped off once all over the background. I stamped it once full strength in the center top. I need know I will need practice coloring this or it will work great with paper piecing! I decided to cut my ribbon with a point out this time. I just folded it in half and cut up instead on in. I know I added Soft Sky to the color challenge: Wild Wasabi, Whisper White and Pretty Pink. I just really had it set in my mind to do a criss cross card today and wanted to use this designer paper.
Stamps: Time Well Spent
Paper: Fall Flowers DSP, Wild Wasabi, Whisper White, Pretty in Pink
Ink: Pretty in Pink, Wild Wasabi
Accessories: Tool Kit for Piercing, Circle Punches- 1/2", 1", 1 1/4", 1 3/8", Pink Taffeta Ribbon, Wild Wasabi Double Stitched Ribbon




I have soooo many of these mini clip boards I really needed to do something with them this year. I've seen some of these countdown boards done and decided to try my hand at making my own. First I place my paper on my board and turned it upside down. I cut around it with my hobby knife. I made sure my paper fit my board and then covered the board with Mod Podge to hold it down. I used the Mod Podge to seal the paper again. After it dried I added the ribbon across the seam.

The numbers and sentiment I printed from my computer. I have the codes for my Epson so I can print in SU! colors.

For the upper right hand corner I first punched with the photo corner punch and then rounded the corner with the corner rounder.

The wreath was done with the 1" circle punch and then the scallop Circle punch. I used the double circle punch to make the berries.

I did the corners of the sentiment with the ticket corner punch. I then added a flower from the Spring Flower Bouquet punch. I added the berries again with the double circle punch.

After I printed the numbers I punched them out with the small tag punch and the Old Olive with the large tag punch. I added the brad and ribbon after the Mod Podge had dried.

I sealed everything with Mod Podge including the back of the numbers. I used the Mod Podge to adhere all the permanent embellishments.

With this one I used velcro for the numbers. I have rolls and rolls of it, so it was the best fit for me this time. I put a strip across the back to hold the extras. I think magnetic sheets would work great too.



Paper: Very Vanilla, Old Olive, Ruby Red, Dash Designer Paper
Accessories: Scallop Circle Punch, 1' Circle Punch, Large and Small Oval Punch, Double Circle Punch, Spring Bouquet Flower Punch, Ticket Corner Punch, Photo Corner Punch, Corner Rounder Punch, Gold Brads, Really Red Grosgrain Ribbon, Old Olive Grosgrain Ribbon, Mod Podge, Mini Clipboard, Velcro

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping and taking time to leave a comment!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails