Thursday, November 15, 2007

Cracked Ship, Scallop Ornament


This was done for the Ways to Use it Challenge. I loved this paper when I saw it. I thought this would make a great sympathy card. The challenge was to use a unique brad. Since I have not yet bought the build-a-brads and I promised to use the designer paper as much as I could this month I decided to make my own. I cut out the circles from the designer paper and mounted them in the corners where I would put the brads. I then covered them in crystal effects and set aside to dry. The cracked glass is done by rubbing the image on my Versamark pad and pouring Glassy Glaze over it. I heat it from the back so the powder does not blow off as easy. I do two good coats and stick it in the freezer. A short time later I take it out and crack it right away. Then I take a sponge and rub ink across the cracks.

Stamps: Winds of Grace
Paper: Basic Gray, Very Vanilla, Carbon DSP
Ink: Basic Gray, Versamark
Accessories: Glassy Glaze Enamel Embossing Powder, Crystal Effects, Ticket corner punch
Techniques: Cracked Glass


My ornament for the day is really pretty easy to do. I punched 6 scallops (3 of each side). I've read that some are doing it with 8, but I am happy with 6. Fold them all in half put adhesive on one side and adhere as I go around lining up the scallops. Right before I adhere the last one I insert the cord with the embellishments. I seal the top and bottom with Crystal Effects. I also use CE to hold the beads in place.
Paper: Dash DSP
Accessories: Silver Elastic Cord, Beads from the Pretties Kit, Scallop Punch

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping and taking time to leave a comment!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails