Friday, October 05, 2007

Grateful Quilt


Once again life got in the way. The kids had an early dentist appointment yesterday. We drive an hour one way for that and with 5 kids we make the day of it. Our Home school group had a trip to a fire department this morning and then a picnic lunch at the park. By the time we got home I had to run one of my son in for band lessons. The joy of bing a Mom!! Thankfully the challenges for yesterday and today were simple enough to combine to on card. Yesterday's challenge was the Ways to Use It Challenge. We were suppose to use the twill tape. I seem to always grab the ribbon which is kept in the same place as the twill. I need to use it more. Today's challenge was the Limited Supply Challenge. It was to use some designer paper. We could use any embellishment or paper but he only stamps we could use was a sentiment. So this is what I came up with. I was going for a quilt look. It was rather easy. I just used the 3/4" square punch to get the squares and thankfully I had the right amount of colors to make one row across. Off to yet another event tonight...someday I may get to stay home!


Stamps: So Many Sayings Hostess set
Paper: Basic Black,Prints DSP-Almost Amethyst, Soft Sky, Certainly Celery, Rose Red, So Saffron
Ink: Basic Black
Accessories: Twill tape, Soft Sky Double Stitched Ribbon, Purely Pomegranate Double Stitched Ribbon, Apricot Appeal Grosgrain, Certainly Celery Grosgrain



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping and taking time to leave a comment!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails