Thursday, September 20, 2007

Elephant never forgets


When I saw this mornings Ways to Use it challenge I was excited. I love the new Basic Gray but forget to grab it. The challenge was to use the basic gray. This card did not want to work this morning but I think all the errors made it great! First I stamped the elephant. The image looked even but turned out spotty. I toyed with the thought of re-stamping it but the more I looked at it the more I liked the grain on the elephant. So then I decided to tie the ribbon on the front layer after I had already glued it down. So I peeled up one end and tied on the ribbon. Not until I went to glue the elephant on did I notice I pulled up the top and not the bottom. The more I looked I thought...ok, different is good! I am in a simple mood since school started and I have all 5 of my kids doing school. So time is not as available to do more, but I want to do something! I stamped the words in Cameo and tipped the edges in Basic Gray. I put a rhinestone from the pretties in the center of the flower.
Stamps: It's Your Birthday, Wild About You
Paper: Cameo Coral, Basic Gray, Whisper White
Ink: Basic Gray, Cameo Coral, Garden Green
Accessories: Rhinestone Brads from Pretties Kit, Basic Gray Taffeta, Tool Kit for Piercing


1 comment:

  1. Debbi,
    This is one cute card! I've gotta try to use some gray today.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping and taking time to leave a comment!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails