Monday, July 09, 2007

Simon's Birthday


So today would of been my nephew's 4th birthday. This is a hard week for us as he, my baby sister and her husband where killed in a car accident on the 13th four years ago. Simon was only 4 days old. I enjoy making my nephews and nieces b-day cards. I'm sure they do not enjoy them as much as the check included, but both moms are stampers... I thought I need to make Simon a card too! This will be going in a box of cards I have for our church Missionaries. My brother-in-law and sister where going to Bible school getting ready for the ministry when they were killed. So the cards I make with them in mind should go to those in the ministry.

I added Crystal Effects around the mane. The head is attached with an dimensional. I spritzed the background with the spritzer for more of a jungle theme. How come every time I use this set I have to sing "In the Jungle, the quite jungle"?????
Stamps: Wild About You
Paper: Old Olive, Petals & Paisleys, More Mustard, Very Vanilla
Ink: Apricot Appeal, More Mustard
Accessories: Tool Kit for Piercing, Spritzer, White Gel Pen, More Mustard Grosgrain, Crystal Effects


3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the memory! 4 years...wow. I'm praying for you guys this week! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! How horrible... So sorry to hear this sad story but know my thoughts and prayers are with you!

    I know your sister and nephew would have loved this card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow...I was checking out your blog to see how you had linked the catalog, but I am so glad that I had the opportunity to read this touching story.

    Sometimes it is hard for us to understand the plan that God has in situations like that.

    Thank you for sharing...oh and by-the-way, the card is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping and taking time to leave a comment!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails